You guys, life is crazy busy. Between full-time jobs, long commutes, families and relationships, friends, chores, and everything else, it seems like I’m always on-the-go. Oh, and add in trying to eat right and maintaining a fit, active lifestyle on top of that?
My on-the-go lifestyle means I need to be able to eat healthy wherever I am. For me, that means portable protein snacks. In the real world, not even I can carry around sliced chicken breast or a tub of protein powder with me at all times!
While everyone needs a healthy balance of carbohydrates, fats and protein, (the 3 main macronutrients) lean protein is my most important recommendation for women looking to carve a toned and sexy physique. But 1 out of 3 women isn’t getting nearly enough!
“Bro-tein” is a Myth, Protein For Women is a fact!
Our moms were right about a lot of things, whether or not we want to admit it. That haircut during junior year. That boyfriend junior year…really, pretty much all of junior year. One thing she probably got wrong, however, is thinking that protein will make you bulky like a man.
It’s not her fault, that’s just what people used to think!
For years, the idea went that since protein’s amino acids form the “building
blocks” of your muscles, that if you consumed more protein, you’d get
more muscles. Women became terrified of looking like “Bro-tein Bros” like
Schwarzenegger or Stallone, so they settled for salads and slogging through endless cardio sessions, often winding up in subpar shape.
Fortunately, that thinking went the way of most other bad 80’s trends (looking at you fanny-packs). Today we know better. Strength-training programs and high-protein diets are as common as leggings (not all 80’s trends were bad!) and there is lots of science out there that confirms what we’ve been saying at IdealFit for awhile:
Women simply cannot become that bulky and built without undergoing obsessive dieting and training, in addition to hormone therapy. Lifting some weights and adding a low-calorie protein shake won’t immediately give you “Gun Show” arms!
The benefits of protein for women can even outweigh men’s. Several common health problems affecting women, like anemia (low iron levels), low bone-density, vitamin-D deficiency and low folic acid can all be improved by supplementing your protein levels.
Getting enough protein daily (for active women, 1 gram to 1 pound of body weight) can however:
- Boost your fat loss faster than just cutting calories
- Aid in maintaining your weight and lean muscle
- Increase your resting metabolism
- Help you recover faster from tough workouts, injuries and illness
- Improve immunity, hormone balance, and even cell function
So if you are a busy 130 pound woman, you should strive for 130 grams of protein each day to reap the full benefits of your hard work.
Getting Your Protein On The go
“How am I supposed to get in all that protein?” You might be asking yourself right about now. Especially if you, like most women, find yourself with barely enough time to eat anything, let alone anything healthy. Before I started paying real attention to my health, I would find myself eating bites of my kids’ sandwiches, or stopping for fast food when I was out running errands. Both simply because I didn’t always have the time to prepare nutritious meals and protein snacks to take with me for the day.
The good news is that you don’t have to carry a cooler full of chicken breasts with you everywhere, or hook yourself to an IV to get lean protein’s benefits.
One of the easiest ways for women to increase their daily protein intake is to add a protein supplement. There are a TON of them out there, but almost all of them are catered towards MEN.
Men’s supplements are designed for men’s goals, which are usually to get big fast, bulk up and pack on mass. To do that they are often high in carbs, sugar, and various fillers (read: crap) that us ladies just don’t need!
IdealLean Protein For Women
That is why IdealFit created the best protein for women in the industry. IdealLean Protein is formulated with women’s goals in mind: to carve strong, toned muscles while staying slim and fit.
IdealLean Protein contains everything busy women need to reach their goals, and nothing they don’t. Each delicious scoop of IdealLean is formulated for women (and men who want to get lean, not huge!) and contains:
- 20 Grams of Lean Whey Protein Isolate: If you don’t see these words on the label, you can pretty much put it back on the shelf. This is the “gold standard” for proteins. Whey protein isolate is rapidly absorbed into the body and contains a high concentration of the essential amino acids and BCAAs (Branch Chain Amino Acids). Whey is a byproduct of dairy that is naturally high in protein that is processed into a powder form making it lactose-free and cholesterol-free! IdealLean provides the same amount of protein as an entire chicken breast, five egg whites, or a plate full of black beans.
- 90-100 Calories and low in Sugar, Fat, and Carbs: That’s right. At just 90-100 lean calories per scoop, IdealLean Protein is super low in fats, sugars, or carbs of any kind. This was very important to our health-conscious customers who told us exactly what they were looking for in a protein supplement. IdealLean fits in perfectly to even the most rigid meal plans, helping you stay on track with the clean protein you need and nothing you don’t.
- Calcium: Women are genetically at a greater risk for osteoporosis and other health problems related to thin or weakened bones. Bone loss can begin occurring even in the mid-20’s! IdealLean contains calcium to help prevent bone loss in women of all ages.
- Folic Acid: Folic acid helps renew the cells that aid in hair growth and nail strength, a deficiency can lead to premature graying and hair loss. No one wants that right? Just one scoop of IdealLean contains half the daily recommended intake (RDI) of this crucial nutrient.
- Vitamin D: This important vitamin is found in very few foods, but is very important for women. Vitamin D increases the absorption of calcium, assists in the muscle and immune systems, and reduces inflammation.
- Delicious Taste!: This one was also very important to our customers. Let’s face it, sometimes supplements can taste like…supplements. That is where IdealLean is different. I have been in the fitness world for a long time, and I think IdealLean Protein is probably the best tasting powder I have ever tasted! In three awesome flavors, Chocolate Brownie, French Vanilla, Cake Batter, Chocolate Coconut, Strawberries ‘N Cream, and Caramel Mocha IdealLean tastes too good to be good for you!
IdealLean is perfect for the busy fit chick. The powder mixes in seconds in water, milk, or my favorite right now, almond milk. Just throw a scoop in your shaker and you’re out the door!