Pineapple Upside Down Waffles
- 1.25cup - white whole wheat flour
- 1 - scoop Piña Colada IdealLean Protein
- 1tbsp - baking powder
- 3tbsp - coconut sugar
- 3tbsp - coconut oil, melted and cooled
- 0.5cup - water
- 0.5cup - unsweetened almond coconut milk
- 4 - slices canned pineapple rings
- - optional toppings: maraschino cherries, shredded coconut, syrup
Preheat your waffle iron.
Whisk together the flour, protein powder, baking powder, salt, and coconut sugar.
Add the coconut oil, water, and almond milk. Whisk until combined.
Let the batter sit for a couple of minutes while it rises.
Spoon batter into your waffle iron and lay the pineapple ring on top of the batter before closing the iron and cooking. Cook according to your waffle iron’s instructions.
Repeat until you have 4 waffles. Top with desired toppings.