Serves 6. Serving Size= 1 waffle.
- 1c - whole wheat white flour
- 1 - scoop Multi Purpose IdealLean Protein
- 0.75c - cornmeal
- 2tsp. - baking powder
- 0.25tsp. - salt
- 2tbsp. - coconut oil, melted & cooled
- 0.25c - honey or maple syrup
- 1 - egg, lightly beaten
- 0.5c - water
- 0.5c - unsweetened almond milk
Whisk together the flour, protein, cornmeal, baking powder, and salt in a medium bowl.
Make a well in the middle of the flour mixture, and add the coconut oil, honey, egg, water, and almond milk. Mix just until combined.
Heat you waffle iron. Spray with non-stick spray, and pour about 1/2 cup of the batter onto the iron. Depending on your waffle iron, cook for about 2-3 minutes. Repeat cooking directions until you have about 6 waffles.
4. Optional: top cornbread waffles with honey, or make it a meal with low fat chili and toppings!!