Alright ladies, it is time to listen up, because I am about to give you the best leg workout for women.
I have spent countless hours in the gym training, sweating, and trying every exercise to get my legs looking like they were photo-shopped.
In all this time I have learned what works and what doesn’t, and I am here today to tell you my leg day workout exercises that will leave you feeling strong and confident.
1. Leg Day Workouts for Women – Barbell Squats
When talking about leg days for women, everyone’s mind automatically goes to squats.
Because it is the ULTIMATE leg workout and can do so much good for your body.
There is only one problem.
Nowadays everyone is doing squats with bad form! They aren’t getting the max amount of drive and push with every lift.
Follow these simple steps and watch my video get squatting the right way!
What to do:
1. Start with your legs hip-width apart
2. Step up to the bar and place it so it is resting on your traps
3. Step back into starting position with your chest out and head facing forward
4. While keeping your torso as straight as possible bend the knees with your booty out
5. Continue down to a 90-degree angle while keeping your weight on your heels
6. Drive yourself straight up back to starting position
Do this exercise for 4 sets of 12 reps!
2. Leg Day Workouts for Women – Leg Press
Ladies, you are going to love this leg exercise (afterwards that is).
This is a great exercise to focus on your legs and really make them burn.
What to do:
1. Sit down in the leg press machine with your feet shoulder-width apart on the platform in front of you.
2. Push the platform in front of you until your legs are close to fully extended without locking out.
3. Then reach for the safety guards on the sides of the machine to release the safety bars out of the way.
4. Bring your legs into your chest until they hit a 90-degree angle and then push back out to starting position.
Do this exercise for 3 sets of 10 reps!
3. Leg Day Workouts for Women – Curtsy Lunges
Finally, curtsying isn’t just for princesses in Disney movies.
Now when you are doing it you can get your legs toned and lean!
All you have to do is follow this simple leg routine for women.
What to do:
1. With a barbell on your back, place your legs shoulder-width apart.
2. Shift your weight to your left leg.
3. While shifting weight, bring your right leg behind your left and take a wide lateral step and go into a lunge.
4. Go down until your left knee (front knee) is at a 90-degree angle.
5. Push yourself back up to starting position and repeat exercise for other leg.
If you get lost follow me with my video below and together let’s get lean!
Do this for 4 sets of 8-12 reps each leg!
4.Leg Day Workouts for Women – Barbell Stiff-Legged Deadlifts
The back of your legs are going to look ridiculous after adding this exercise into your leg day gym routine.
This workout is known for working out your hamstrings as long as you do it with proper form so make sure to pay close attention to how to do this leg exercise!
What to do:
1. Step to the bar with feet shoulder width apart
2. Grab the bar with palms face down with a slight bend in the knees
3. While keeping your knees still, lower the barbell slowly by bending at the waist. Throughout this motion your back should be straight the whole time.
4. You should feel a stretch in your hamstrings.
5. Bring your chest up straight again by extending your hips.
Do this exercise for 3 sets of 8-12 reps
If you are first trying this exercise do it with very light weight until you feel comfortable to do it with heavier weight. This is also not an exercise for women to do if you have lower back problems.
5. Leg Day Workouts for Women – Box Jump Burpees
What to do:
I don’t know about you, but the only burpees I want to do is after I eat a giant meal and my tummy is feeling super full.
That was until I starting doing these box jump burpees and seeing some major results!
I love this exercise, because it will get your heart racing while blasting your booty and legs.
All you need is to get a box that is stable enough for you to jump on and follow these steps are you are ready to go!
1. Start in standing position with the box in front of you
2. Go into a squat position with your hands on the ground in front of you
3. Kick your feet back into a plank position, while keeping your arms extended
4. Drop down into a pushup
5. Jump your legs to your arms
6. Jump on to the box with both legs and then jump off.
Do this leg day workout exercise for 3 sets of 12 reps!
6. Leg Day Workouts for Women – Dumbbell Reverse Lunge
As you can see I am a BIG fan of lunges.
They are able to work your legs and really make you sweat! Try doing these dumbbell reverse lunges and feel it for yourself.
What to do:
1. With the dumbbells grasped firmly in each hand stand with your feet shoulder width apart
2. While keeping your chest straight take a step back with and make contact with the ground with the ball of your foot
3. Lower yourself until your knee hits the ground
4. Bring yourself back to starting position by pushing on your front foot.
Do this exercise for 4 sets of 10 reps each leg!
7.Leg Day Workouts for Women – Treadmill HIIT Sprints
I know a lot of people hate running/dread cardio. But when you do sprints with a friend, time passes so fast it's like you don't even know what HIIT you. LOL. ???. @jacquelynvg and I did 5 quick intervals after weight training. It takes less than 10 minutes to -speed up your metabolism, -work your whole body, and -get the endorphins flowing to set yourself up for a great day. If you're not a runner, do this type of training with the same benefits on a low impact machine like the rower or bike. ⚡️⚡️⚡️???#hiitandquit (My 6 week Fit program link in bio!)
I know what you’re thinking; this leg exercise looks miserable! But don’t worry, it is super fun, especially when you rope some friends into doing it with you!
Those who sweat together stay together right?
Treadmill sprints are a great way to finish your leg day workout and give your legs one final push before you go back home and guzzle your protein.
What to do:
Find your favorite treadmill and get ready to feel the burn with this workout.
1. Begin with a short warm up of a brisk walk or a jog for 5 minutes or less
2. Sprint for 30 seconds to 1 minute at a high speed
3. Walk for 1 minute
4. Repeat cycle 4-5 times
This exercise is designed to push you to the limits, but remember to be safe on the treadmill!
My REAL Secret For Better Legs
If you put any of these rockin leg day workouts for women into your workout routine, you are for sure going to feel the burn.
But even if you do all of the booty basting and leg strengthening workouts there still may be something missing.
While we workout our bodies are basically yelling and screaming at us to give it some BCAAs!
In order for our muscles to recovery faster and stronger it needs BCAAs.
That is why after every time I do any of my 7 secret leg workouts I am always reaching for my favorite IdealLean BCAAs.
It is packed with 5000 mg of high-quality BCAAs in a 2:1:1 ratio and the signature IdealLean Fat-Loss Blend to get you back at the gym the next day feeling energized and ready to go.
Try it with my 7 “not so secret anymore” leg workouts and get lean!